WHO WE ARE
We are local citizens on a mission to assist in providing hunger relief within our community. The Good Soup Truck organization is a non-profit mobile soup kitchen created to serve the needs of Vancouverites living with hardship. We deliver FREE, substantial soup-based meals in an environment that is safe, supportive and comforting. We feed hungry people.
Registered Charitable Organization
Registration no.: 821322989RR0001
WHY WE DO IT
The Good Soup Truck was founded because of the unfortunate reality that many Vancouverites live with food insecurity. We are driven by the desire to help feed children and youth, seniors and marginalized adults who are living with hunger.
- One in six children living British Columbia live with food insecurity.
- Vancouver has one of the highest working poverty rates in Canada.
- Food insecure families struggle to afford a healthy diet and this impact physical, social and mental health.
HOW WE DO IT
Thanks to generous local private citizen and business donations we are able to operate a non-profit food truck solely dedicated to providing FREE soup and bread to local folks in need.
- Our volunteer staff interacts with outreach coordinators and staff at low-income housing cooperatives, senior’s facilities and inner-city community centres.
- The Good Soup Truck parks at a pre-determined location and our generous volunteers serve bowls of hearty delicious soup and fresh bread to hungry kids, seniors and anyone else who is hungry and in need.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Third-party Events are fundraising initiative that individuals or groups such as schools, clubs or corporations can organize to help raise the funds necessary to help power our program.